Consultancy Regenerative Aquaculture Contractor REMOTE
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
Regenerative aquaculture/jurisdictional approach contractor (full-time, remote)
ABOUT THE CONSULTANCY
If you have expertise in regenerative aquaculture (or agriculture) at a landscape level, this position will empower you to contribute to SFP’s strategy in a meaningful way and make a difference in how aquaculture supply chains work toward sustainability. SFP is looking for someone whose experience, personal values, and interests align with our mission. We embrace our inclusive culture and encourage candidates of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
SFP is developing proof-of-concept projects linked to shrimp aquaculture supply chains to reduce impact on the environment (including the atmosphere via carbon emissions) and to result in net-positive effects at the landscape or ecosystem level. The organization and industry leaders are seeking opportunities where improvements can be made, verified, and reported. Specifically, SFP will establish itself as a thought leader in this space and catalyze improvement action by supply chain companies. To help achieve this, multiple parallel efforts (such as policy engagement, public/private partnerships, financial models/incentives, and stakeholder organizing) will need to be aligned to ensure lasting effect and impact.
ACTIVITIES AND DELIVERABLES
The consultant will provide SFP services across a range of shrimp aquaculture-related projects on a relatively tight schedule. Services will include the following:
- Research and document writing
- Lead writing SFP’s position on regenerative aquaculture at a landscape or ecosystem level, including what issues are in (e.g., mangrove restoration, feed ingredient production) and out of scope
- Lead writing guidance aimed at the seafood supply chain for promoting and establishing a jurisdictional approach to improve policies and practices for achieving regenerative aquaculture
- Intervention design
- Using findings from the documents noted above, work with SFP’s Supply Chain Roundtable leads and Markets team members to align market incentives/interests with supply chain company actions to drive improvements in policies and practices
- Focus areas for intervention design are on farmed shrimp feed ingredients (such as soy) as well as landscape-level improvements in the management of farmed shrimp production in Andhra Pradesh, India
- Asia Farmed Shrimp Supply Chain Roundtable (SR) coordination
- Regular communications and meetings with the SR and its participating companies
- Engage the SR and its participating companies in the interventions noted above
- Analysis and writing to support proposal and strategy development
- Work with SFP’s Aquaculture and Development teams to pursue funding opportunities that have been identified
- Analyze how SFP using its model and assets can have a broad improvement impact toward regenerative aquaculture
- Write sections of proposals and internal strategy documents
LEVEL OF EFFORT
This is a full-time consultancy. The anticipated start date is 11 March 2024 through 31 December 2024.
The total compensation range for the contract term is $70,000 to $85,000.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Master’s degree in aquaculture policy/management, regenerative aquaculture/agriculture, ecosystem management, or related field (or a Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum additional 4 years experience)
- Minimum 4 years experience in regenerative aquaculture/agriculture policy, analysis, advocacy, finance, or implementation
- Familiarity with life cycle analysis, carbon tracking/reporting, and ‘blue’ carbon/foods/etc concepts
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including the ability to coordinate concurrent projects
- Excellent communication skills in English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- The ability to present complex issues effectively, persuasively, and credibly to industry audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships of trust and influence with industry and government/regulator audiences
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively in a mostly or fully online environment
- Cultural awareness to work and communicate effectively with globally diverse colleagues and stakeholders
- Scheduling flexibility to facilitate interactions with globally dispersed colleagues and stakeholders
If you think that this consultancy would benefit from your skillset and background, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t think you’re the “perfect fit.” This position is part of a highly diverse team and we are always looking for new talent to contribute from unique or under-represented perspectives. As an equal-opportunity employer, SFP encourages candidates of all ages, races, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, religions, physical abilities, and other diverse attributes to apply.
All inquiries will be kept in the strictest confidence.
This position will be open until filled. All inquiries will be kept in the strictest confidence. Qualified candidates, please select the link below to apply and attach the following:
• Letter of interest (no more than 1 page)