SFP’s Seafood Metrics system can help your company more fully understand the level of sustainability risk in your source fisheries, including both wild-caught and farmed seafood.
Seafood Metrics is a data-driven tool that empowers businesses to make informed decisions, optimize operations, and effectively implement sustainable practices. By leveraging the power of data and information, your company can not only meet regulatory requirements and consumer expectations, but also drive continuous improvement in your environmental performance and overall business success.
Seafood Metrics is a versatile asset, catering to the distinct needs of different units within your company. Its adaptability serves as a valuable resource, enhancing operational efficiency across various functions.
Click on the bars below to learn more about how Seafood Metrics can meet your various business needs.
- Market differentiation: Communicating your use of reputable sustainability information will reinforce your company’s commitment to responsible sourcing, attracting environmentally conscious consumers.
- Benchmarking against commitments: Seafood Metrics enables your business to benchmark your seafood sources against specific customer commitments, providing a clear understanding of how well each source aligns with the sustainability goals outlined by customers and facilitating data-driven supplier selection.
- Marketing and communication: You can use the risk rating system as a marketing tool, to showcase your company’s commitment to meeting and exceeding customer sustainability expectations, and demonstrating how this will support customers in making environmentally responsible choices.
- Data-driven supplier relationships: Seafood Metrics facilitates data-driven decision making when it comes to selecting and managing suppliers. Your business can use FishSource data to assess and compare the sustainability performance of different suppliers, fostering stronger relationships with those who align with sustainable practices.
- Stakeholder confidence: By using FishSource data to inform decision making, your business can instill confidence in stakeholders – from consumers to investors to partners – and build trust and credibility.
- Risk mitigation: With access to FishSource data, your business can proactively identify and address potential risks associated with your seafood supply chain. These include overfishing concerns, habitat damage, or any other factors that might compromise the sustainability of the sourced seafood.
- Reputation management: Businesses that prioritize sustainable practice build a positive corporate image. This, in turn, can mitigate reputational risks and enhance brand value, leading to increased customer loyalty and trust.
- Continuous improvement: Fueled by FishSource data, Seafood Metrics supports a continuous improvement mindset. Regular updates and insights from FishSource allow your business to adapt to changing sustainability dynamics and continuously enhance your practices for long-term viability.
- Scenario analysis: Your business and customers can assess the impact of different sustainability scenarios with Seafood Metrics’ scenario analysis capabilities. This feature supports strategic decision making and allows for proactive measures to address potential risks.
- Continuous monitoring and updates: Seafood Metrics allows for continuous monitoring and updates to your risk ratings, based on changes in customer commitments or external factors. Regularly updating the risk assessments ensures that your business stays in compliance with evolving sustainability expectations.
- Educational resources: Your business can enhance Seafood Metrics with educational resources that explain the basis of the risk ratings system and how it aligns with your customers’ commitments. This helps your customers understand how their chosen seafood sources contribute to their sustainability goals.
- Access to investment: Investors are increasingly considering environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors when making investment decisions. Companies committed to sustainable seafood practices are more likely to attract investment and partnerships.
- Report-ready information: Seafood Metrics provides your business with actionable information, ready to be used in reports for investors.
The power of FishSource
Seafood Metrics is built on data from SFP’s FishSource database of wild fisheries and aquaculture regions and the UN Food and Agriculture Organization’s global production data. This offers your company access to a growing list of 5,000+ fishery IDs, 1,400+ stocks, and 600+ species, as well as hundreds of aquaculture production areas to report against.
Learn more about the different features of Seafood Metrics.
Whether you are a seafood customer or supplier, there is a Seafood Metrics system for you.
Capture and report your seafood sourcing in a consistent format, aligned with international standards.
Assess your sourcing risks with Seafood Metrics
Contact SFP to gain exclusive access to our data-driven tool and revolutionize your seafood supply chain management.