Advisory Services Manager (remote working from UK or Spain)
Background on SFP
Founded in 2006, Sustainable Fisheries Partnership (SFP) is a marine conservation organization working toward a world where the oceans are healthy, all seafood is produced sustainably, and everyone has access to sustainable seafood. We leverage the power of seafood buyers and retailers in every part of the seafood supply chain to rebuild depleted fish stocks, reduce the environmental impacts of fishing and fish farming, address social issues in fishing, and advance economic opportunities for fishers and their communities. Our Supply Chain Roundtables (SRs) allow seafood suppliers to work together in a pre-competitive environment to promote and support improvements in fishery and aquaculture practices, management, and policy. Visit us at www.sustainablefish.org and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Employee Position Summary
If you have a broad command of analytical skills, this position will empower you to contribute in a meaningful way and make a difference in important ocean conservation efforts. SFP is looking for someone whose experience and personal values and interests align with our mission. We embrace our inclusive culture and encourage candidates of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
SFP’s Advisory Services division supports responsible retailers, food service and seafood suppliers to understand the sustainability of their seafood sources, identify improvements needed in individual fisheries and farming regions, monitor progress towards their environmental and social commitments, and report their sourcing and progress to regulators, investors and customers. The Advisory Services Manager supports customers using Metrics, and coordinates closely with SFP’s Markets team to facilitate Metrics use with SFP partners. This role also performs data analysis, mapping, and visualization for SFP customers and partners. The position will work remotely, and SFP will consider candidates who are based on the UK or Spain.
Level of Effort:
This is a full-time employee position. Level of Effort is expected to be 40 hours per week.
Competitive; salary based on experience & qualifications.
Key Responsibilities and Activites:
This role comprises two main areas of responsibility: Seafood Metrics platform support; Advisory Services program support
Seafood Metrics platform support and coordination
Conduct onboarding and provide timely support for new and existing Metrics users, by way of trainings, webinars, phone calls, and other means of communication
In close coordination with the Markets team, work with SFP Partners and their suppliers to make sure seafood data is being captured properly; develop and deliver reports for customers, and identify needs for future updates to the system
Liaise with FishSource team to capture new source fishery and farm requests in Seafood Metrics system and see the request through
Coordinate with SFP’s IT team to ensure Seafood Metrics platform and service is working properly, troubleshoot when necessary, report and track bug fixes, provide feedback on development priorities, and test new system features and functionality
Support the Markets team to ensure that partners’ Seafood Metrics needs are being met and leads are aware of any challenges or new service opportunities, and to coordinate Seafood Metrics reporting back to partners
Advisory Services program support and coordination
Provide support for Advisory Services’ operations, including business development, product development, new customer acquisition, existing customer retention.
Assist the Advisory Services Director in oversight of FishSource content production and scheduling and working with the FishSource analysts and network of contractors in increasing the effectiveness of delivery FishSource content and expanding the awareness of the FishSource platform to the global seafood industry.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive information with strict confidentiality
- Personal qualities of honesty and integrity, and a commitment to conservation
- Flexibility to effectively balance independent initiative with team collaboration
- Ability to work within a framework of responsibilities, objectives, and deadlines without (or with limited) in-person supervision
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively in a mostly or fully online environment: work-from-home arrangements, strong practical knowledge of productivity software and/or platforms (i.e., Word, Excel, email & other common business communication tools), ability to learn new technology with ease, etc.
- Cultural awareness to work and communicate effectively with diverse colleagues
- Scheduling flexibility to facilitate interactions with globally dispersed colleagues
- A minimum of upper-intermediate proficiency (CEFR B-2 “business vantage”) in French, Spanish, and English , sufficient to interact 1:1 with clients in business discussions in their native language.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to travel up to 10-24 days per year, including international destinations
- Keen judgment; ability to apply knowledge, skills and experience in accordance with professional standards, laws and ethical principles to determine best course of action
- Ability to understand complex situations and then provide structured and organized solutions
If you think that this job would benefit from your skillset and background, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t think you’re the “perfect fit.” This position is part of a highly diverse team and we are always looking for new talent to contribute from unique or under-represented perspectives. As an equal-opportunity employer, SFP encourages candidates of all ages, races, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, religions, physical abilities, and other diverse attributes to apply.
The deadline to apply is 31 January 2023. All inquiries will be kept in the strictest confidence. Qualified candidates should submit the following to directly to email@example.com with the subject line “Advisory Services Manager”:
Letter of interest (no more than 1 page)